We specialize in Romantic Champagne Balloon Flights for Two!
Carter Country Flights is a Hot-Air Balloon Company located in beautiful Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Carter Country Flights was established in 2005 by pilot/owner Jonathan Carter.
Please contact us if you have any questions, would like to schedule a flight or purchase a Gift Certificate.
We hope you enjoy our site!
Jonathan is an FAA Licensed Commercial Hot Air Balloon Pilot. He has been involved with ballooning since age 14! Jonathan began by crewing for a local pilot, then trained to become a pilot. He became a Private Pilot at age 18, and received his Commercial License in 2003. Jonathan has also been a Crew Chief on the US Flag Balloon. He ha
Jonathan is an FAA Licensed Commercial Hot Air Balloon Pilot. He has been involved with ballooning since age 14! Jonathan began by crewing for a local pilot, then trained to become a pilot. He became a Private Pilot at age 18, and received his Commercial License in 2003. Jonathan has also been a Crew Chief on the US Flag Balloon. He has also been the Pilot of the Flighthouse Balloon. Jonathan met his bride, Kristina, at a balloon festival. She, too, has been involved in ballooning for over 24 years! Carter Country Flights is the culmination of Jonathan & Kristina’s dream to own their own hot air balloon! In May 2009, Jonathan & Kristina welcomed their own little future pilot, Nathaniel into their ballooning family! In 2011 our daughter Abigail was born.
Without our ground Crew we wouldn't be able to fly.
And Many More
We are a Small Family Owned Company who care about our passengers and your experience. We want you to have a safe and enjoyable flight. We attend Safety Seminars every year. Jonathan has presented at numerous Balloon Safety Seminars on Power Line Safety..
Cost: $250 per person for a three-hour
Hot Air Balloon Experience.
Morning flight includes a traditional Champagne Toast, mimosas and muffins.
Evening flight includes a traditional Champange Toast, cheese and crackers.
*note: non-alcoholic beverages are available upon request.
We specialize in romantic Champagne Balloon Flights for Two.
Private Couples Flight: $700
We have had lots of Engagement Flights, Wedding Anniversary Flights, we have even flown a 85 year old who wanted to check it off her bucket list.
- loose, comfortable clothing (preferably not nylon, as it melts)
- sturdy, closed-toed shoes, please no stiletto heels J
- you may want to dress in layers as the weather gets colder. The temperature in the air is comparable to that on the ground.
- Take-off is generally after sunrise for a morning flight or an hour and a half before sunset, since winds are usually the calmest at this time.
- If you would like to assist in the inflation or packing up of the balloon, please do not hesitate to ask the pilot or crew chief. Ballooning is a participation sport, it is all part of the experience, and is greatly appreciated!!!
- The balloon flight will feel similar to an elevator. The ride is very smooth and will change elevation during the flight. You will not feel the wind during flight, since you are traveling with the wind. An exception applies when you are changing elevation and there is a wind shift. This is perfectly normal, as winds can have different directions at different elevations.
- When landing, you may experience a slight bounce or two. The pilot in command will brief you on landing before and during the flight.
- After landing and packing up we will return to the launch site and have a traditional Champagne Toast. Please advise us beforehand if you do not drink alcoholic beverages (as we will provide sparkling grape juice instead). Thank you!
- If you have scheduled a morning flight, we will confirm the evening before the flight and also call you two (2) hours before launch time (after checking the weather update).
- If you have scheduled an evening flight, we will confirm the flight the day before, as well as call you after 2:30 pm (after checking the weather update).
- Please feel free to contact us at any time!!!
Launch Site: Downingtown, PA or other sites to be named depending on wind direction.
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable and carry no cash value.
- Please do not be offended when we ask the approximate weight of all passengers. All balloons have a maximum lift, and it is necessary for us to be aware of the weight we are carrying before the flight.
- We will not fly anyone who is pregnant.
It is our strict policy NOT to offer a refund. Gift Certificates are non-refundable and carry no cash value.
We can only carry a limited number of passengers at a time, and by making your reservation, you have filled a spot preventing us from making other reservations. In the event that passengers need to cancel a flight, they must contact Carter Country Flights Inc. a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Cancellations less than 48 hours of the meeting time will result in forfeiture of the flight deposit or gift certificate value. If a cancellation is made 48 hours or more in advance of the flight, the flight will be rescheduled. No refund will be given.
If you do not show up for your scheduled flight, and weather conditions would allow the flight to take place, your credit card will be charged in full for the flight or the gift certificate will no longer be valid.
If the weather does not allow us to fly (a decision determined by the pilot), no refund is offered. However, we will reschedule your flight at a time available to both parties.
We understand that unexpected hardships do occur and will review each circumstance on a case-by-case basis.
Gift Certificates are non-refundable, not transferable, or redeemable for cash value